California Payroll tax offers e-file and e-pay for the employers. First of all, as per the New State Law on “Electronic File and Pay Requirement”, Employers should e-file the employment tax returns, wage reports and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department.
California Payroll tax online
If you are Employer, its time to register online and pay the company related tax online. As a result, you can now avail the below benefits when you choose e-filing CA employment tax.
- Register for an employer payroll tax account number.
- E-File the tax, adjustments if any and print returns/reports.
- Make tax payments.
- You can also view and update account information anytime.
- Close or re-open an employer payroll tax account online.
- View tax notices and letters regarding registration, payments, returns, and many more.
- File a Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34).
- File a Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542).
- In addition, when you go online, you can submit a Penalty Waiver Request
Since tax filing is made easy online, you can save paper work and cost as well.
Visit California State Employment Development Department for more information www.edd.ca.gov
In case if you are keen to know about tax forms, take time to look at different tax forms to file tax.