Which IRS Tax Form to use for tax filing | tax forms types and usages

Do you have the question which irs tax form to use? You landed on the right page. Finally a list of all types of IRS Tax Forms and decide which form is suitable for your tax filing.


Tax form types and usages

Form 1040
US Individual Income Tax Return usage. Hence USA Citizens and Residents can use this tax form to file Annual Income tax return.

Form W-9
Use this form to request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
This is used to request TIN for reporting on an information return the amount paid.

Form 1040-EZ
Form to file Income Tax Return for Single tax filer and Joint tax Filers With No Dependents
This is also used by certain citizens or residents of the United States for Income tax return filed.

Form W-4
Tax form for Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate.
Complete this Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay.

Form 4506-T
Use this IRS tax form if you wish to request for Transcript of Tax Return
To order a transcript or other return information free of charge, or designate a third party to receive the information.

Employer tax forms

Form 941
Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return form.
This form is also used by the Employers who withhold income taxes, social security tax, or Medicare tax from employee’s paychecks or who must pay the employer’s portion of social security or Medicare tax.

Form W-2
Form to quote Wage and Tax Statement.
Therefore Employers must file a Form W-2 for each employee from whom Income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld.

Form 9465
Tax Installment Agreement Request
So Use this form to request a monthly installment plan if you cannot pay the full amount you owe shown on your tax return or tax filing notice.

Form SS-4
Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Use this form if you want to apply for an EIN Employer identification number.

Form W-7
Application for ITIN IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Get or renew an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) for federal tax purposes if you are not eligible for a SSN Social Security Number.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *